As PEP-NET is an open network, we welcome every relevant organisation to join. Below you find a set of guiding principles of the network. If you think your organisation should be part of PEP-NET or if you need any information about the network do not hesitate to contact us!
Guiding principles of the Pan-European e-Participation Network (PEP-NET)
PEP-NET tries to improve the situation for all stakeholders interested in the field of e-Participation, namely solution providers, scientist and researchers, citizens and public administrations. This shared goal is manifested in a number of guiding principles.
All PEP-NET members commit themselves to:
- Take part in PEP-NET activities in constructive way.
- Bring in their organisations unique abilities.
- Try to further improve the visibility of the network and the topic of e-participation in Europe.
- Take responsibility for organizing and promoting local and regional e-Participation events.
- Support the activities of other PEP-NET members through advice and active engagement.
- Identify and suggest valuable members for the network to the project coordinator.
- Be open for criticism and advice from other PEP-NET members as well as to provide the same to other members.
- Identify and facilitate possible synergies and co-operations among PEP-NET members.
- Not damage the networks reputation through their activities or communication.
- Not misuse the network for activities that harm the network as a whole, as for example advertising.
As a member of PEP-NET organisations gain a number of advantages:
- Being listed as a member organisation in dissemination material and on events.
- Having the possibility to take part in exclusive PEP-NET events.
- Gaining writing rights to the PEP-NET weblog to reach out to the European e-Participation community
- The project coordinator will facilitate co-operations and business contacts among PEP-NET partners.
- Tapping into the knowledge and experience that is represented by the PEP-NET partners.