European Citizens Initiative: The toothless tiger – Livestreaming EU Parliament12. May 2010 – 13:53 by Civil College
After the Salzburg consultation on the ECI initiative, today in Bruxelles the ECI continues on.
There are several questions still open on finding the balanced way of supporting ECI from the Commission and the countries – current versions are putting to much on the shoulders of the future initiative organizers – Carsten Berg, ECI coordinator called for action recently on the ECI blog.
There are several issues, which I think personally, calling the e-government and e-participation community into action.
More coming soon..
here is the program:
Livestream: Hearing European Parliament – Brussels:
Wednesday 12 May 2010 14:30-18:00
- Rebecca Harms, Co-President of the Greens/EFA Group of the European Parliament
- Prof. Jürgen Meyer, Former member of the German Bundestag as well as of the Convention on the Future of Europe and the Convention on the Charter of Fundamental Rights
- Maroš Šef?ovi?, Vice-President of the European Commission, responsible for Inter-Institutional Relations and Administration
- Bruno Kaufmann, Director of the Initiative & Referendum Institute Europe (IRI)
- Gerald Häfner,Coordinator of the Green/EFA group in the Committee on Constitutional Affairs and member of the Committee on Petitions of the European Parliament
Introduction of the questions by Gerald Häfner
- How representative shall a European Citizens’ Initiative be and what should be the minimum number of Member States? (Art.7)
- Which rules and procedures should be established for the collection and verification of signatures? (Art. 5, 6, 9, 12, 14)
- Which rules shall apply for checking the admissibility of an ECI?(Art. 4, 8)
- How should European institutions respond to a successful ECI? (Art. 11)
- Do ECI organisers need support for setting up an initiative?
CONCLUSIONS AND FOLLOW-UP
- Eva Lichtenberger, Vice-President of the Greens/EFA in the European Parliament
- Isabelle Durant, Vice-President of the European Parliament and Member of the Greens/EFA in the European Parliament
- Gerald Häfner, Coordinator of the Green/EFA group in the Committee on Constitutional Affairs and member of the Committee on Petitions of the European Parliament
Tags: citizenship, ECI, inenglish, Initiative
One Response to “European Citizens Initiative: The toothless tiger – Livestreaming EU Parliament”
By csaba on May 12, 2010
The broadcast quality makes this hearing really difficult to follow!