Major Cities of Europe – IT Users Group, the European association of Local Government CIOs and Public Officials, together with the City of Berlin and Vitako, the association of German public ICT service providers, announces the 2010 joint European Local Government Conference to be held on June 7th to 9th in Berlin at the Rotes Rathaus.
The conference will introduce some key European experiences of Local Government transformation that are aiming to a high quality and cost effective public administration. A variety of strategies, initiatives, and projects focused on providing valued services designed on the needs of constituents and leveraging the value of ICT.
Conference topics will be:
On June 7th / afternoon
- Strategies and Projects from Germany
On June 8th & 9th / morning – “The European Days”
- Electronic Document Management (June 8th / morning)
- Marketing and Acceptance of e-Government Services (June 8th / afternoon)
- New Ways of Organizing the Production of Public Services: Public Administration as a Collaborative Network (June 9th / early morning)
- A “Smart City” to Serve the Community, the Environment and the Economic Development (June 9th / final morning session)
Registration is open at www.majorcities.eu in the section dedicated to the Berlin Conference, where you can also find the full program and information on accommodation.